Grown-ups, are you ready to start typing “8” instead of “7” on all things date-related? (Ha, remember when it was more about filling out checks?)
Kids, are you ready for at least three months of hardly any holidays off from school? (That was always the big bummer after New Year’s Day was over.)
We’re off to a new year!
What are some of your big (or normal-size) plans for 2018?
Some of ours are:
- Keep rolling out podcast reviews for each Avengers movie leading up to the release of Infinity War on May 4, 2018.
- Help @TheSauce_ and @Furi0usGirl get acclimated to their gaming laptops and use them responsibly (we told them this is a testing ground for how ready they are for smartphones down the road).
- Start up video game and app review episodes of the podcast.
- Get some travels in to see family this year, mostly in California, but also maybe a road trip to Washington D.C.
- Teach the kids to use Twitter (which, considering how we see a few big names use it, we think they can navigate fairly well).
Moments from 2017
Go, Colorado Avalanche! – from UnpauseIt
A better prequel to seeing a Star Wars movie than the actual Lucas prequels.
@Furi0usGirl Georgia looks relatively unimpressed with her first use of her gaming laptop and headset. I’m sure it’s a one-off moment.
Perhaps Adobe Audition could edit ALL of @_TheDadAbides audio.
The quiet, unassuming innovation drawing by @_TheDadAbides Jeremiah.
Pictures are worth 1,000 words.
My nerdy work desk, from Sherlock and Orphan Black to Hitchiker’s and Office Space.
@Furi0usGirl was all about teleportation for this round of Not a Problem.
Call it a midlife crisis right before she turned 43, but @LadyDisdayn went all in on purple.
@TheSauce_ Willis showed himself to be quite adept at driving the show.
Once in a while, the ladies like to get out for a good mani/pedi time.
One of our favorite additions this year was a front yard firepit patio.
The UnpauseIt family with one of the grandmas.
Too bad we can’t make it spell things out. Otherwise it’s pretty cool!
Sometimes @LadyDisdayn wonders how she managed to make an exact clone.
@TheSauce_ likes to show off his innovative ideas when we play Not a Problem
The website is up, social profiles are branded, and the omni-mic is on the way thanks to Amazon. A family podcast is in the making, and you’re invited to come along for the ride.
What will the podcast be about?
Superheroes and science fiction! Seriously, we plan to tackle all projects cool, geeky, and nerdy: Marvel Universe, Star Fill-in-the-Blank, Anime, Video Games, ComicCon, and so on. These are all the things we’re into, and we know some of you are into them, too.
Our first series will focus on the Avengers franchise by Marvel Studios! With Infinity War releasing on May 4, 2018, we plan to review each of the Avengers movies, from Iron Man on, right up to the release this May. We hope you enjoy that, because we’re STOKED.
Let’s see where this goes!